GM's U.S. Sales up 11 percent for Best April in Five Years
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 10 percent, fleet sales were up 16 percent and the fleet mix was 28 percent of total sales.
April Highlights (vs. 2012)
* All four GM brands posted higher total and retail sales.
* Crossovers were up 14 percent; trucks, which include pickups, vans and SUVs, were up 17 percent; and car sales were up 6 percent.
* Large pickups were up 23 percent.
* Strong sales of the all-new Chevrolet Spark and double-digit sales increases for the Buick Verano , the Chevrolet Sonic and the Chevrolet Cruze drove a 31 percent increase in sales of GM mini, small and compact cars.
* The new Chevrolet Malibu achieved its best sales and retail segment share since launch.
Ryan NagorsenVideo StrategistUnited Statesryan.email@example.com
Nicole YellandAst. Mgr. Broadcast Communications, Story BureauUnited Statesnicole.firstname.lastname@example.org